It’s bloody freezing today. Like, lip-shiveringly, toe-numbingly freezing. In times like this you have to ask yourself, what would a pirate do? (Obvs). The answer is hot rum. And to add a dash of tropical optimism, chuck in some limes.
Here’s my recipe for hot piratey rum to ease you into the weekend.
- 2 litres of cloudy apple juice
- 4 limes
- 2 apples
- 3 cinnamon sticks – more for garnish if you’re feeling fancy
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 450ml spiced rum – I used good Ol’ Captain Morgan
- Slice the apples and limes
- Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan
- Heat until warmed through and the sugar has completely dissolved. Don’t let it boil, you might lose precious alcohol!
- Serve it in a glass and swashbuckle your way through until springtime.
Photography & styling: Emma Scott-Child