This idea came to me while scoffing an M&S fruit salad on the bus and I’ve been waiting for the perfect situation to give it a try. Hello Valentine’s Day! Add a little extra love to someone’s fruit salad today…
- Some red grapes – make sure they aren’t too circular, you want really long egg-shaped ones, which make better heart shapes.
- A sharp knife
- Some coloured paper and glue, or some washi tape
1. Divide up your grapes into matching pairs; make sure they are the same size and shape.
2. Cut each grape in half diagonally, making sure the cut section is the same angle and size as its twin.
4. To make the arrow point and feathery bit, stick small strips of paper to either side of the toothpick with glue (or use coloured tape doubled over) then trim it into the arrow and feather shape with scissors. This bit is a bit fiddly, which is why you wouldn’t want to be making vast numbers of these, but as a little surprise garnish, they work a treat.