We’ve teamed up with kids’ channel Boomerang to design a DIY project featuring Scooby Doo. The kids are being featured in some of their social media ads, so I made them some Shaggy and Velma costumes, and we borrowed our friend’s labradoodle Hermoine to play the part of Scooby. Zoiks!
We’ve designed an easy project that you can download to make a cute Scooby Doo picture frame. Watch the video to see how to make it. You can add pictures of yourself so you are in the van with Scooby, just like we did, or just use the characters from the show on the templates. Download the templates here.. There are loads of other fun craft projects on the Boomerang site, check it out if you are looking for some school holiday activities.
And look out for Shaggy and Velma on Boomerang’s instagram feed @officialboomeranguk
- Print outs of the templates. Download the templates here..
- Your own photos, if you like
- Some stiff cardboard
- A cutting mat
- A craft knife (for grown ups only!)
- A glue stick
- Print out all the templates
- Cut out all the pieces – remembering to also cut out the inside of the windscreen of the van
- Glue the pieces of the van to the cardboard
- Stick the characters (and yourself!) onto the back section of the frame
- Stick the front section of the van on.
- Cut a strip to make the stand
- Fold the strip into a triangle to make the stand and glue it onto the back
- Leave it the glue to dry before you stand it up.
Photos, styling and video: Emma Scott-Child