It all started with a paper dot and a pot of neon paint.
We’d recently moved our two-year-old daughter into her new bigger room. I don’t know if it was the fact I had always resisted dressing her in pink and had at last relented, or if the neon trend had finally got under my skin. Nevertheless, when it came to renovating her new space, I decided I wanted to use neon pink pops of colour around the room. This would make the space brighter, but also allow for future flexibility should we decide to alter rooms again or make the space different once she shares it with her younger sibling (a boy).
So this is the start of my neon pink pop story: my first stop was at Ferm Living for some neon pink wall stickers, then I visited one of my favourite shops, Colour Makes People Happy, for a pot of neon pink paint. With that, a small obsession has begun. My first tasks of painting the brackets for the wall shelf and adding some accessories are now complete.
Watch this space for more additions as I complete the room and possibly make myself sick of neon.
If you think a bit of neon pink would brighten up your life, take a look at my selection below.
1. Artist’s Cushion in pink, Rockett St George, £72
2. Giant palm tree cushion, Rockett St George, £72
3. Peas neon pink cut canvas storage, Maison Georgette, €28.00
4. Fluorescent powder pink neon kit, Maison Georgette, €29.00
5. Neon-edged granny blanket, Piece of a cookie at Etsy, £25.74
6. Dip-dyed votive, Bloomingville at John Lewis, £5
Photography (interiors): Emma Scott-Child