10 Nov PRINT YOUR OWN FAUX J.CREW HEART SWEATER
My inner slob is so happy track suit bottoms and sweatshirts are having a bit of a revival – now I can dress like every day is a Sunday, no shame! In the recent months I have acquired quite the collection of sweatshirts, and during one of my latest internet window shopping benders I ended up on the sweaters section of J.Crew, as one does. There I saw this rather lovely offering and at £68 you could say it’s a bargain (for J.Crew standards). Unfortunately not enough of a bargain enough for me, so for all the sweatshirt lovers, J.Crew lovers and tight wads like me, here is how you can make your own faux J.Crew gold heart sweatshirt! (For £11.48… not £68. Yay!)
Watch the video to see how I did it…
1. Cut the potato in half, then cut out a heart-shaped stamp.
2. Put the paper bag inside the T-shirt so the paint doesn’t soak through.
3. Use the paintbrush to paint the stamp.
4. Stamp the hearts, stopping to repaint the stamp each time.
5. Use the paintbrush to re-paint over any hearts that may not be strong enough in colour.
6. Once your stamping is over, iron the hell out of it to fix the paint.
Photography and video: Emma Scott-Child
Music: Architecture in Helsinki